Please Click Here for More Info About The Lightroom 4 Preset System
We have made a bunch of wonderful updates to the SLR Lounge Lightroom 4 Preset System to bring us up to version 1.3! Of course updates are free for existing users. We will be sending an email to everyone who has already purchased the Lightroom 4 Preset System with the new 1.3 download. New purchases will receive links to the new system automatically so please check your spam/trash folders, as these automated emails can often be filtered from your inbox.
I want to give a special thanks to Stefan Daniel Schwarz of Schwarz Fotografie. Stefan is a great photographer and a avid user of the SLR Lounge Lightroom 4 Preset System. Stefan is one of our community developers and is responsible for much of the new organizational updates in the 1.3 update which we know you are all going to love!
We are dedicated to making sure that the SLR Lounge LR4 Preset System remains the standard in LR4 presets. If you have suggestions and ideas on how to improve the system, please submit them on the Lightroom 4 Presets Forum.
Watch the Update Video
What’s New in this Update
We recommend all users watch the Update Video above to see all the changes in action. Below is a written list of the changes made:
1. New Develop Preset Organization – We have reorganized the Develop Presets to make it much easier accessing multiple preset categories at once. This makes developing your images more streamlined as it will require less scrolling in the Develop Preset Panel.
2. Unique Names for Each Preset – We have slightly modified all preset names to make the Develop History much more usable. Prior to version 1.3, there were a lot of preset names that were similar, making it difficult to follow and backtrack to a specific point in the Develop History. These updates to names are kept very minor to make it easy to follow prior Mixology videos.
3. New Soft Portrait Presets – We have added a 6 new Mixology presets to the 00 MY MIXOLOGY – 10 Soft Portrait category which do the following:
– 14 SP Extra Soft Color – A softer version of the 11 SP Standard Color Soft Portrait preset. This preset is designed for infant photography and close up portraits as it will do a little more smoothing and color modification for skin tones.
– 15 SP Extra Soft B&W – A softer version of the 13 SP Standard B&W designed for infant photography and close up portraits.
– 16 SP HDR Light, 17 SP HDR Strong, 18 SP HDR Max, 19 SP HDR B&W – We have added 4 new HDR presets specifically designed for use with environmental portraits. These HDR presets are much more subtle than their Vivid Landscape counterparts and are perfect for wide environmental portraiture.
4. Disabled Camera Calibration – Muir Robertson sent in a tip that some of the Mixologies including the Standard Import were resetting the Camera Calibration Profile. While this doesn’t affect most users as most users stick with the Adobe Standard preset. However, it was an annoying thing to deal with for those that do use Camera Calibration Profiles. Camera Calibration has has now been disabled in all presets.
5. Preset Modification and Tweaks – As usual, we have made a few minor tweaks to improve many of the Base Adjustment presets. Tweaks not only in overall effect, but also in consistency and structure.
6. Export Presets – We have added our 3 favorite Export Presets for 3 common export formats : print, slideshow and web uses.
Installing the Update
If you are unsure how to install updates to the SLR Lounge LR4 Preset System, please follow the instructions in the downloaded update, as well as in the video shown below to ensure that you don’t accidentally delete any existing 3rd party presets.
The SLR Lounge Lightroom 4 Preset System is designed to enable users to achieve virtually any look and effect within 3-5 simple clicks. From basic color correction, vintage fades, black & white effects, tilt-shift effects, faux HDR, retouching, detail enhancing, and so much more. The sky is the limit with what has been dubbed the most powerful and intuitive preset system available. Click the link above to learn more/purchase.
You can also purchase the LR4 Preset System as part of the Lightroom 4 Workshop Collection.
- Instagram Updates/Clarifies Guidelines On Nudity & Copyright
- Photographer Sues Unhappy Bride For $1 Million After Comp...
- Mylio & X-Rite Have Joined To Bring Color Management & Ca...
- Is f/4 The New f/2.8?
- The Incredible Movement Of The Olympus OMD Sensor Shift OIS
- Fstoppers Writer Nino Batista Needs Our Help | GoFundMe