There is no denying the power behind the Blackmagic Design’s cameras, but unfortunately, with that power comes unique quirks that make the cameras annoying to use for many professionals. In their latest firmware update, Blackmagic addressed some of these annoyances, which should go a long way towards improving the experience when using these powerful cameras.
The update I referenced above, Firmware update v1.9.3, adds a histogram and audio meters, as well as an indicator telling you how much recording time is left on your media. These may seem like basic features for video capable cameras these days, and that is because they are (Another reason why it was a huge annoyance using these cameras). But now that these features have been added, it should make using both the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera and the Blackmagic Cinema Camera much more enjoyable.
Blackmagic Camera Utility Update 1.9.3
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
- Add histogram, time remaining and audio level indicators. Use Up and Down to reveal and hide the meters while Left and Right will adjust the aperture of your active MFT lens.
- Fixed bug where in-camera playback may sometimes drop frames.
- Add histogram, time remaining and audio level indicators.
If you currently own the BMPCC or BCC you can find out more about this update and download it directly from the Blackmagic website. If you are interested in purchasing either camera, the Pocket Cinema Camera is $995 over on B&H, while the cinema camera will run you $1,995. Both are incredibly powerful cameras, and thanks to this update, both will be much more enjoyable to use.
What are your thoughts on this update from Blackmagic? Does this make either camera more appealing to you? Leave a comment below!
- Three New Delicious Color Options & $100 Price Cut For K-...
- Canon Announces New C100 Mark II
- The 'Virtually Unbreakable' SD Card Line
- 4K? Pfft... Apple Takes It To The Next Level With 5K Reti...
- The GaffGun Wants To Make Your Cabling Woes History, Save...
- Fotodiox Fixes Sony's E-Mount With New All Metal 'Tough E...