The mysterious and dangerous femme fatale has been inspiring artists well before film noir – yet the glamour and appeal of the roaring twenties blends well with her fatal allure. In a recent fashion editorial, photographer Julia Kuzmenko McKim gives us a taste of this fierce persona and we are left wanting more.[Reminder: Check out Julia’s Books in our SLR Lounge Store]
You can also sneak a peek at a few of the lighting set-ups she used on this location shoot at the Magnolia Hotel in the video below.
La Femme Fatale – BTS Fashion Editorial Photo Shoot
Behind the Lens
If you would like to learn more about Julia, check out our interview. You can also learn the techniques behind her style and retouching through her educational eBook, Digital Photo Retouching: Beauty, Fashion and Portrait Photography.
Fashion Design & Styling: Amanda Clark
Makeup: Linda Miller
Hair: Anna Evans-Bayer
Photo & Post-production: Julia Kuzmenko McKim
Videography & Editing: James Michael Kriha
Location: Magnolia Hotel, Omaha, NE
Until Next Time . . .
Stay Inspired ~ Jules
CREDITS: Photographs by Julia Kuzmenko have been used with permission for SLR Lounge. Do not copy, modify or re-post this article or images without express permission from SLR Lounge and the artist.
- Sports Illustrated Laid Off Remaining 6 Staff Photographe...
- Do You Like To Take Photos? Or Are You A Photographer? |...
- Walk Through A Wedding | 20 Shots & Lighting Set-Ups With...
- Product Photography For Large Objects | How To Do It With...
- Lost But Not Forgotten| Rescued Film Project Saves Undeve...
- Lightroom 6 Is Coming But Will Require Better Hardware