The mysterious and dangerous femme fatale has been inspiring artists well before film noir – yet the glamour and appeal of the roaring twenties blends well with her fatal allure. In a recent fashion editorial, photographer Julia Kuzmenko McKim gives us a taste of this fierce persona and we are left wanting more.[Reminder: Check out Julia’s Books in our SLR Lounge Store]
You can also sneak a peek at a few of the lighting set-ups she used on this location shoot at the Magnolia Hotel in the video below.
La Femme Fatale – BTS Fashion Editorial Photo Shoot
Behind the Lens
If you would like to learn more about Julia, check out our interview. You can also learn the techniques behind her style and retouching through her educational eBook, Digital Photo Retouching: Beauty, Fashion and Portrait Photography.
Fashion Design & Styling: Amanda Clark
Makeup: Linda Miller
Hair: Anna Evans-Bayer
Photo & Post-production: Julia Kuzmenko McKim
Videography & Editing: James Michael Kriha
Location: Magnolia Hotel, Omaha, NE
Until Next Time . . .
Stay Inspired ~ Jules
CREDITS: Photographs by Julia Kuzmenko have been used with permission for SLR Lounge. Do not copy, modify or re-post this article or images without express permission from SLR Lounge and the artist.
- Shooting Film Is The Last Word In Meditation | 'The Sound...
- CSSgram Brings Instagram Filters to Your Browser, Leica X...
- Reuters Enacts Ban On RAW Photos For Sake Of Speed & Ethics
- A Dizzying Hyperzoom Through The Small Village of Hallstatt
- Canon's 'Obsession Experiment' | See How The Average Pers...
- Join Our Free SLR Lounge Presets Webinar!