According to the latest rumors coming out of tech land, the rumored iPhone 6 will likely ship featuring the Sony Exmor IMX220 sensor. The IMX220 is a sizable improvement over the cameras in the current iPhone 5s generation of phones, which feature 8mp sensors.
The Exmor IMX220 is a 13mp, 1/2.3″ sensor is capable of shooting 1080p video. 13mp is a nice jump over 8mp, and would likely mean a noticeable improvement in quality over the current generation iPhone cameras. That said, this could be seen as a disappointment to some.
Initially, rumors were that Apple would stick with the 8mp Sony sensor in the current iPhone generation, but would add IS to the lens module to improve images from the camera. That could still be the case, on the larger of the two iPhone 6 sizes (5.5″), but latest rumors state there will be no IS on the smaller (4.7″) model.
The iPhone 6 is expected to be announced this upcoming fall.
What are your thoughts on this rumor? Do you think a bump in megapixels is a good move from Apple, or would IS be the better upgrade? Leave a comment below.[via Mac Rumors]
- Sony's New Release Is A Zeiss 16-35mm F4 For The A7 & It'...
- Leaked Screen Of Olympus E-M1 Firmware Confirms 4K Addition
- First Images Of The Samsung NX1 Leak Online (Updated Spec...
- Tamron To Debut New 15-30mm F/2.8 Full Frame Lens Tomorrow?
- Canon Lens Leaks, 400mm F/4, 24-105mm STM, and 24mm F/2.8
- Looks Like The 7D Replacement Will Be The 7D Mark II Afte...