According to the latest rumors coming out of tech land, the rumored iPhone 6 will likely ship featuring the Sony Exmor IMX220 sensor. The IMX220 is a sizable improvement over the cameras in the current iPhone 5s generation of phones, which feature 8mp sensors.
The Exmor IMX220 is a 13mp, 1/2.3″ sensor is capable of shooting 1080p video. 13mp is a nice jump over 8mp, and would likely mean a noticeable improvement in quality over the current generation iPhone cameras. That said, this could be seen as a disappointment to some.
Initially, rumors were that Apple would stick with the 8mp Sony sensor in the current iPhone generation, but would add IS to the lens module to improve images from the camera. That could still be the case, on the larger of the two iPhone 6 sizes (5.5″), but latest rumors state there will be no IS on the smaller (4.7″) model.
The iPhone 6 is expected to be announced this upcoming fall.
What are your thoughts on this rumor? Do you think a bump in megapixels is a good move from Apple, or would IS be the better upgrade? Leave a comment below.[via Mac Rumors]
- Sigma Halts Production on 24-105mm F/4 Art Lens, Somethin...
- Fujifilm Expected To Bring New Entry Level X Series In Ea...
- Two 50MP Beasts? Canon Upping Their Game In 2015 | Rumor
- Sony A7 II Could Ship To US Come January
- Nikon 24mm F/1.8 Coming Soon? | Rumor
- Lightroom 5.7 Brings RAW Support For Nikon D750, Canon 7D...