I watched this video some time ago on Fstoppers.com, and I thought it was fitting to post it here now as the wedding photography season begins to wind up, and we all grab our cameras and head out to “document a couple’s special day”…
Just remember, that you as the photographer are never ONLY an observer; you are also a presence, an influence on that day. You can decide whether that is a good thing or a bad thing; and as wedding photographers we have MANY opportunities to have a POSITIVE influence on the events we’re documenting.
This is not an encouragement to avoid “staging” photos. In fact, many clients want / need to be directed. This is just a small reminder that HOW we influence our subjects is up to us. You can “direct” a photograph, without creating a lie. Think about it.
I know it’s a stretch to compare weddings and war, in fact they are completely opposite events in human society. However there is always at least a little chaos in everything we photograph. Don’t forget that what you’re documenting is LIFE.
- Up In the Air: Aerial Beach Photography from a Helicopter
- IKEA's Hyper-Renders Could Be the End of Product Photogra...
- Shooting with the $165k Canon 1200mm Limited Edition Camera
- The Dark Surreal Dream World Of Alex Stoddard
- The Fantastically Freakish Dream World of Helen Warner
- BTS: Creating a 4K Music Video With Only Still Images | C...