When you usually think about insects, the words colorful and whimsical do not come into mind. For the Spain-based photographer Alejandro Ferrer Ruiz, however, the world of six and eight-legged little critters is ripe with colorful imagery. Just take a look at his series of the raindrop-laden ladybugs after a recent rainfall.
There is something Disney-fied in the way Alejandro captures his images, from the crisp colors and the creamy bokeh to the subtle humanistic expressions that his subjects seemingly posses. His work is a great example of creative macro-photography.
To see more of Alejandro’s wonderful photographs, you can visit his 500px page.
And yes, he does shoot other insects and creatures.
Thanks to My Modern Metropolis for the find!
- Up In the Air: Aerial Beach Photography from a Helicopter
- IKEA's Hyper-Renders Could Be the End of Product Photogra...
- Shooting with the $165k Canon 1200mm Limited Edition Camera
- The Dark Surreal Dream World Of Alex Stoddard
- The Fantastically Freakish Dream World of Helen Warner
- BTS: Creating a 4K Music Video With Only Still Images | C...