When you usually think about insects, the words colorful and whimsical do not come into mind. For the Spain-based photographer Alejandro Ferrer Ruiz, however, the world of six and eight-legged little critters is ripe with colorful imagery. Just take a look at his series of the raindrop-laden ladybugs after a recent rainfall.
There is something Disney-fied in the way Alejandro captures his images, from the crisp colors and the creamy bokeh to the subtle humanistic expressions that his subjects seemingly posses. His work is a great example of creative macro-photography.
To see more of Alejandro’s wonderful photographs, you can visit his 500px page.
And yes, he does shoot other insects and creatures.
Thanks to My Modern Metropolis for the find!
- 'Contemporary Pieces' - When Fast Food Meets Renaissance Art
- 'Becoming Mel' - A Self-Portrait Series That Examines The...
- BTS: Creating Disney Themed Creative Portraits | Von Wong
- 'The Real Toy Story' - A Look Inside the Chinese Factorie...
- The Marvelous Story Of The Photographer Who Went 2 Years...
- 'Back to Light' Series Creates Steampunk Still Lifes