Jan Erik Waider was born in 1984 in Darmstadt. He studied Media Design at the University of Applied Sciences in Schwäbisch Hall and is currently living in Nuremberg. Like a needle in a compass, this graphic designer and photographer keeps being drawn up north. It is there where his passion for photography truly blooms.
Far north on the coast of Iceland, by the glaciers in Greenland and next to the freezing North Sea, he has discovered landscapes which come to life through their contradictions: when water forms mountains, when it is as bright as day at night, when in the freezing cold things come to life – that is when Jan Erik Waider takes his photographs.
What the viewer sees is not merely the image captured by the camera; the photographer completes the motives with discreet and careful post-processing inspired by his own impressions. Thus we not only see the picture of a scene but also the emotions felt by the photographer. Here we have featured one of his recent series, titled: “Icebergs In Fog”
- Stunning Vintage Photos Of Wartime Women At Work
- The World's 'Most Beautiful Women' Combined Into One Pret...
- Up In the Air: Aerial Beach Photography from a Helicopter
- IKEA's Hyper-Renders Could Be the End of Product Photogra...
- Shooting with the $165k Canon 1200mm Limited Edition Camera
- The Dark Surreal Dream World Of Alex Stoddard