I love shooting images and video with artificial lighting, but one area that I struggled with when I first started using artificial light was how to control it. Sure you can use softboxes or reflectors, but the art of putting light where you want it and only where you want it takes some practice.
If you are like I was and you are having trouble figuring out how to better control your light I suggest that you take a look at this awesome video tutorial that I just came across. The video was put together by Lights Film School and it teaches you how to better control your light by using flags. I wish I had seen this when I was trying to learn, it is very helpful.
What are your thoughts on the tutorial? Did this help you understand how to better control your light through the use of flags? Let us know in a comment below.[via Fstoppers via Light Film School]
- These Overhead Images of Barges Are Vertigo Inducing
- Creepy GIF Animations from Library of Congress Archive
- Do You Have the Courage to Live a Creative Life?
- Should You Upgrade From an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6? Austi...
- How I Get My Clients to Give Me 3-5 Hours of Shooting Tim...
- Got 14 Minutes to Spare? Learn the Basics of Composition