While there are a handful of DIY rigs and jibs, the RotoRig by Chad Bredahl of Krotoflik.com is arguably the first time that someone tried to combine both into a portable singular unit.
How to Build the RotoRig by Chad Bredahl
RotoRig, its a camera jib and shoulder rig in one! Ultra portable, weighs between 4 to 5 lbs and will cost approximately $50 to build. Here is the video of the build instruction, followed by the parts list:
Drill Hole Diagram Download: http://full.sc/WmuQBP
- Strong Scissors
- Needle nose pliers
- Regular plies or channel locks
- Phillips screw driver
- 1/4 inch Drill bit
- Smaller pilot drill bit
- Larger Drill bit to remove burs
- Electrical tape
- Something to mark drill points with
- Eye and glove protection when drilling
Parts: (The x before the number represents that many packages of said item)
1. Monopods – Targus Digital TG-MP6710 67-Inch Camera/Camcorder Monopod x2 or similar monopods = $19.98
4. Ground clamps (Home Depot sku# 621-708) x7 = $11
5. 1/4″ nylon washers 4 pack (Home Depot sku# 595-058) x4 = $2.56
6. 1/4″-20 1″ Round head Phillps bolts (Menards sku# 233-8686) x3 = $2.46
7. 12 lock nuts (Menards sku# 232-9734) x1 = $.89
8. 2 fender washers (Menards sku# 201-1194) x1 = $.49
9. 6 pack 1/4″ wing nuts (Menards sku# 233-9148) x1 = $.89
10. 1 inch x 6 ft pipe foam (Home Depot sku# 419-949) x1 = $1.28
11. Scrap material (I used neoprene from beer cooler)
12. Rubber non slip material (I used a scrap non-slip rubber dish mat)
Be sure to subscribe! Follow krotoflik on facebook, Twitter and Google+. Donate and help krotoflik help you! PayPal – http://bit.ly/JVXVxT
“Audio file(s) provided by http://www.audiocmicro.com“
- Using The Brenizer Method In Studio To Emulate Striking L...
- DIY Sun-Blaster | Build Your Own 1000w Equivalent LED Fla...
- 5-Point LED Lighting Setup For Portraits
- How To Relax Your Client To Capture The Best Expression |...
- Two Tips For Better Waterfall Imagery
- Photoshop Trick Using the BW Adjustment Layer To Brillian...