Finding inspiration from the classic Hansel and Gretel story, Annie Leibovitz shot Lada Gaga as the witch in that fairy tale for the December 2009 edition of Vogue. This image reenacts the scene where the two children turn the table on the witch and throw her into the oven. It may not be a recent issue, but the breakdown of the lighting is interesting, nonetheless.
Guess the Lighting dissected the lighting that Annie employed for this scene and concluded that Annie must have lit and shot Lady Gaga and the two models separately.
I’m also guessing this image was not all shot together, in-camera. I don’t see how Annie could have achieved the vibrant red light on the oven and ground while keeping the models lit mostly white. I think the camera was locked off with Gaga being shot by herself, then the two models shot separately. 6 lights were used in total and the final image was composited in post.
To learn how Annie Leibovtz lit this image, be sure to visit GuessTheLighting.com
- Brilliant DIY V-Flats With Customizable Catchlights
- Toxic Underwater Photography | The Making of Von Wong's D...
- 10 Helpful Tips For New Drone Users
- Photographer Who Supports Gay Marriage Gives Masterclass...
- Wedding Photography Tips | Posing a Curvy Bride [Video]
- Endless Gravity | A Mesmerizing Underwater Video Shot In...