Congrats to Nextelbuddy for winning last month’s photo contest. We had some amazing entries but we felt like this particular image really stood out because of a strong demonstration of the “Vertical” theme. Click here to view the winning entry from August.
Every month, we bring you a new photo contest with a new theme and a fun prize. Be sure to check out the entries in our contest forums.
September Theme: HDR Landscapes
The theme is “HDR Landscapes.” This theme is pretty straight forward. We are looking for landscape HDR Photos. We tend to enjoy HDRs that are not over the top or “candied.” Please avoid HDRs of people and HDRs of buildings, as these will likely be contests for other months. For this contest, please stick to HDRs of landscapes.[Rewind: To learn more on HDR photography, please see our HDR Photography Workshop on DVD.
1) Impact Tungsten Two-Floodlight Kit with 6′ Stands & Umbrella Kit from B&H (For US Winners Only)
- 2-10″ Reflectors, Sockets
- 2-250W Bulbs
- Line Switches, 6′ Stands
- 2-White Translucent (33″)
2. NATURAL LIGHT COUPLES PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP (For both International and US Winners)
- Master Posing and Lighting for Couples Photography
- Learn Post Processing For Couples Photography
- Learn Client Interaction and Planning
Note: If you already own this product, you will receive the equivalent credit for our other digital products.
How To Enter
- Click into our Forums HERE
- Upload or link (linking to a photo hosted elsewhere is preferred) to your image entry
- Optional: Give us a quick sentence or two about the image. You may choose to describe your vision, the technical aspects or anything you’d like
Contest Rules and Restrictions
- One Entry Per Person/entity
- Contest Open Internationally, however for international winners, the first prize from B&H is excluded and the prize is limited to the digital download of the second prize only.
- Photo Must Have Been Taken By Entrant
- No Watermarks
- Submissions should be 650px wide
Contest Criteria and Winner Selection
- The winning photo will be based on overall interest and appeal of the photo. Factors include: overall creativity, adherence to the theme, overall aesthetics of the photograph, story-telling depth to the image, and others
- No limits or restrictions on photo manipulation
- Contest Ends at Midnight on September 30st
- Winners Announced Between October 1st through October 4th