Some of this country’s most disturbing and tragic history has taken place in its Asylums. Many of them were built in the late 1800s during a time when mental illness’s such as teen rebellion, menopause, and masturbation were considered dangerous enough to lock people away in these institutions. Then one admitted to these institutions a misunderstanding of mental-illness and cruel mistreatment of patients by the employees led to many people never being released.
Check out these haunting images of America’s forgotten asylums, many of which are now rumored to be haunted.
- Up In the Air: Aerial Beach Photography from a Helicopter
- IKEA's Hyper-Renders Could Be the End of Product Photogra...
- Shooting with the $165k Canon 1200mm Limited Edition Camera
- The Dark Surreal Dream World Of Alex Stoddard
- The Fantastically Freakish Dream World of Helen Warner
- BTS: Creating a 4K Music Video With Only Still Images | C...