Artist Alexa Meade paints on an unconventional canvas: The Human Body. In turn, she transforms her 3D paintings into 2D photographic portraits. She slathers her subjects with paint and photographs them in the 3D space, transforming them into a form of digital paintings. Some of her canvas’ would even go out in public to be placed on display.
But she did not stop there. She has even used milk as a medium, as well as water and mirrors to distort the image. These incredibly painted photographs have been featured internationally and will undoubtably get your creative energy going.
[rewind: Picture to Painting: Real Life Models]
The physical painting only lasts for a couple hours. It’s the photo that endures.
Artist Alexa Meade’s Canvas Is the Human Body
Alexa Meade: Your Body is My Canvas
To see more of Alexa’s work, check out her website: www.alexameade.com
Until Next Time . . .
Stay Inspired ~ Jules[via Huffington Post]
- Photographer Manually Photoshops Her Image to A Create Un...
- Showcasing the Natural Beauty of Women With Gorgeous Natu...
- 12 Hour Photoshop Breakdown Transports Jedi Newlyweds to...
- Discover Icelandic Beauty in These Whimsical Photomontages
- How To Pose Large Groups Of People To Get Great Portraits
- Wildlife Photographer's Images of Playful Polar Bears in...