Good Samaritan Taxi Driver Returns $13K in Camera Gear
One of the worst things that can happen to a photographer or videographer is to lose an essential and expensive piece of gear, especially if it’s in a public space or in something like a taxicab. Videographer Casey Neistat didn’t just leave one item in a taxicab, he left a luggage with $13, 238.86 worth gear and personal items in the back of a taxicab.
Casey did all he can do, from contacting the taxi company and filling the police report, but in the end, it was up to the honesty of the taxi driver, Mohammed, that made the safe return of Casey’s belongings possible. It really does help in restoring some faith in humanity and it’s great to see a good Samaritan get rewarded for his good deed.
Be sure to read Casey’s article on The New York Times Opinion Pages and check out Casey’s video on what transpired.
Thanks to Fstoppers for the link.
Reader’s have you ever lost a camera gear somewhere and had it returned?
About the author
slr lounge original series
- Artisan State Develops $10 "Cobbler's" Little Black Book Mini Album
- PS: "The New Wave Is Coming" | Tuesdays With Lauri
- Horseshoe Bend: Final Image Processing in Lightroom 4
- The Develop Module Menu System in Lightroom 4: 2 Tips if You Forget Shortcuts
- Faces of Addiction Depicted by Photographer Chris Arnade
- 'Share the Experience' - U.S. Photo Contest
- Mind if I sit on your Canvas?
- Building an Edgy Brand in Rural Idaho: An Interview with Craig LaMere
- How I Shot it: "Summer" from the "Beauty for All Seasons" Concept Shoot
- "I Picture Hope" | Free Sessions to Women with Breast Cancer
- Learn to Create Emotion in your Videos with Camera Movement
- Professional Skin Retouching Photoshop Tutorial by PHLearn Review
- Friday Photography Funnies
- Matthew Jordan Smith Interview Part 3: On Great Client Relationship
about SLR LoungeSLR Lounge is a place for everything photography. From high-quality tutorials to industry news, our dedicated, world-wide writers are working hard each and every day to bring you great content.
Thank you for reading and supporting our site!
partner with us
disclaimer & legalHere at SLR Lounge, we strive to provide you useful and practical photography knowledge subscription free. To help us do this, we partner with selective high-quality advertisers and affiliate programs.
For image, video, and content distribution and copyright information, please see our SLR Lounge Copyright page
The site is supported by advertisements as well as affiliates from which we may receive commission for items purchased from links on our site.