A few months ago, 35 year old Gerdi McKenna was diagnosed with breast cancer. In February, she emailed her closet friends and family members to request that they get together for a photo shoot. Unbeknownst to Gerdi, her friends had a little surprise in store for her.
As a show of solidarity, her friends all shaved their heads and donated the locks to CANSA (Cancer Association of South Africa). Photographer Albert Bredenhan was on hand to capture the event. (Screen shots from video below)[REWIND: THE SCAR PROJECT: HEARTWRENCHING PHOTOGRAPHS OF BREAST CANCER SURVIVORS (NSFW)]
“I was on my way to what I thought was a friend’s birthday party,” explained Gerdi, a South African mother of two. “When I walked into what seemed to be a big breakfast get-together.”
I was completely flabbergasted…I felt confusion and disbelief, quickly followed by a stream of tears. I was astounded about the selfless act of all these ladies who were willing to go as far as give up a piece of their womanhood, in an effort to show me support.
The friends then all got dolled up for the photo shoot.
Watch the heartwarming video, which I will post as soon as I stop crying over this sweet gesture of love and support.
- Iconic Manufacturer & Company Namesake Paul C. Buff Passe...
- Impossible Project's New Instant Film 2.0 | Faster, Sharp...
- Website SEO Alert: The One Thing Every Photographer Shoul...
- Camera Raw 8.8 Is Now Available
- Pearls Of Wisdom From The Legendary Jay Maisel
- Lens Distortions | Pure Preset Temptation