Some couples will do anything to keep their love together, and Japanese photographer Haruhiko Kawaguchi is no exception. However, he happens to take a more literal approach in his series Flesh Love. He wraps couples he has met in underground bars and clubs in large plastic bags, sucks out the air with a vacuum, and takes photos of their warped bodies in about 10 – 20 seconds of shrink-wrapped intimacy.
I’ve seen some crazy stuff, but this is one for the books. Just watching the video of Kawaguchi (who prefers to go by Hal) and his girlfriend Katherine setting up and photographing a shot makes me want to step outside for a fresh breath of air. It is a claustrophobe’s nightmare.
Kawaguchi states he has photographed over 80 couples. Though there has been no major injuries, there has been a fair share of accidents:
“It’s the men who panic the most. Four or five of them started struggling for air while in the bag, and one even peed in his pants, but none of them were able to break the plastic bag from the inside.”
Would you have yourself vacuum-packed with your partner in order to have your love preserved?
Showing a Little Flesh – Behind the Scenes
Until Next Time . . .
Stay Inspired ~ Jules[via Feature Shoot]
- Cinematography Workshop Review: The Art of Visual Storyte...
- Constructive Critique Season 2 Episode 1
- Photographer Uses Magic To Make Mermaids Out Of Maternity...
- Isle of Skye Scotland in Black and White: Feast Your Eyes...
- Through the Ground Glass: A Short Film About The Trials o...
- DSLR vs Mirrorless Cameras | Gear Talk Episode 7