Lets take a break from all of the high priced awesomeness coming out of NAB and talk about something that you can make in your own home for around $6!
I am always on the lookout for some sweet DIY projects, not that I ever successfully make them… but I like the idea of building my own gear where possible. Today I wanted to feature a really neat DIY Backpack Rig for GoPro cameras that produces a really neat over the shoulder look. Youtube is a great place to find DIY tutorials, and this video comes from Griffin Hammond who happens to be the guy behind ever popular IndyMogul Youtube Channel.
In the video, the DIY tutorial starts around the 3:01 mark, Griffin walks us through the process of putting together the rig. In all he says it cost him around $6 to make (not including the cost of the backpack), If I had a GoPro I would be all over this. I don’t do video work except for my own fun little projects, so things like this are awesome tools. I wouldn’t use anything like this on a professional job, atleast not for primary footage. But for having fun, making short films with friends this should be a great tool for your filmmaking arsenal.
- Up In the Air: Aerial Beach Photography from a Helicopter
- The Dark Surreal Dream World Of Alex Stoddard
- Photoshop Playbook: Image File Formats Explained: When To...
- Couple Tricked by Dishonest Photographer with Stolen Images
- The Fantastically Freakish Dream World of Helen Warner
- BTS: Creating a 4K Music Video With Only Still Images | C...