In this week’s instalment of Tuesdays With Lauri, I give you guys a short lighting-class, concentrating on creating drama through cinematic lighting techniques. In this 5 minute video we breakdown two lighting setups, and discuss the importance of choosing where to position our main light, as well as the importance of choosing which side of the face we point at the camera.
Also, make sure to scroll down to the end of this article, as I’ve added two lighting diagrams, technical details and before & after photos there.
Before & after
- A Useful & Concise Comparison of The Rule Of Thirds vs. T...
- The Power Of Using Blending Modes In Photoshop | Aaron Nace
- Cinematography Workshop Review: The Art of Visual Storyte...
- Storytelling Rules Photographers Can Learn from Pixar
- Some Basic Techniques in the Art of Bouncing Light
- Constructive Critique Season 2 Episode 1