In this week’s instalment of Tuesdays With Lauri, I give you guys a short lighting-class, concentrating on creating drama through cinematic lighting techniques. In this 5 minute video we breakdown two lighting setups, and discuss the importance of choosing where to position our main light, as well as the importance of choosing which side of the face we point at the camera.
Also, make sure to scroll down to the end of this article, as I’ve added two lighting diagrams, technical details and before & after photos there.
Before & after
- Protecting Your Equipment In Extreme Shooting Situations
- Fascinating Look At What's Really Going On Inside A JPEG...
- Can Awkwardness Be An Asset In Your Photography Business?
- Clamshell Lighting with One Speedlight for Portraits
- Dodging and Burning Tips For Commercial Beauty Retouching...
- Wedding Photography Tips | Film vs Digital Wedding Photog...