In this week’s instalment of Tuesdays With Lauri, we take a “behind the scenes” -look at my latest fashion shoot that we organised in a Bombed Out Church in Liverpool, England. Also, make sure to scroll down, and check out the technical details, lighting diagrams and BTS-photos.
Photo #1 – Natural light and a speedlight
For this first photo I used the natural sunlight as the mainlight, and bumped up the ambient light a bit with a speedlight that I pointed at one of the walls.
Photo #2 – Natural light, reflector, and a speedlight
For the second photo I used the natural sunlight as the hairlight, and filled the shadows in front of my models face with a large white reflector. And because the “tunnel” that we were shooting in was quite dark, I had to flash a speedlight (pointed at one of the walls) in order to bump up the ambient light a bit.
Photo #3 – Natural light and a speedlight through a softbox
In this third photo I used mostly the natural sunlight that was diffused nicely by the clouds in the sky. To add a bit of “pop” into my model’s face, I used a speedlight through a softbox, angled down at an angle of 45°.
Photo: Lauri Laukkanen
Model: Jen Brook
Hair & makeup: Donna Graham Mua
Wardrobe & styling: Tara Byakko
Styling assistant: Jennifer Manning
Photography assistant: Richard Powazynski Photography
BTS-footage: Reiss Carloss
- 'Salty Girls' - An Inspirational Photo Series Featuring W...
- Adobe Publishes 60 Videos To Learn Lightroom CC & Lightro...
- Playing With Fire | Von Wong Demonstrates The Power of To...
- Canon & The Science Behind High End Optics
- Navarre, The Land of Light : A Stunning Timelapse Highlig...
- Dry Dog, Wet Dog | Before & After Bathtime Shows Off Dog...