There has been much debate about the gratuitous use of Photoshop to drastically alter the look of a fresh faced model. A makeup artist in Russia though, transforms a face with nothing more than the tools in his make-up kit. Vadim Andreev’s work is so flawless, you’ll be shocked that some of these images were not retouched on the computer.
Admittedly, in many of these photos, the angles and the lighting aid in the remarkable transformation of these women, and there is much speculation as to whether or not makeup alone can produce these radical results. Others believe that the before photos look better, because in the ‘after’ photos, the women have too much makeup on.
In an article I posted last week, about a ‘before’ and ‘after’ photo that sparked debate on Reddit, many of our readers also had some very differing opinions about the power of makeup and Photoshop. Whatever your opinion may be, I think one commenter made a great point,
“The reality is no one wants to be captured badly in a photo. And a photo is forever…I think the important point to maintain, is to inform young children and teenagers that this is make believe.” ~ C.Y. Pennick
As always, I’d like to hear your opinions on the matter.
Via (@Bored Panda)
- Haunting Drone Video of Auschwitz Concentration Camp 70 Y...
- Sports Illustrated Laid Off Remaining 6 Staff Photographe...
- Lightroom 6 Is Coming But Will Require Better Hardware
- How to Charge $4000 For An Engagement Photo Shoot
- Exposure.co | Done Something Meaningful With Your Photos...
- Fitness Guru Greg Plitt Killed While Filming on Tracks