I like to think of myself is a semi-expert in Photoshop, especially when it comes to retouching for my fashion and commercial photography work. I love the amount of keyboard shortcuts that are available in Photoshop. And I thought I knew quite a bit, too. That is, until I run into PSD Tut’s article on 25 Awesome Keyboard Shortcuts for Photoshop That You May Not Know.
There are really some shortcuts there that I just never even know about, like using Alt + Shift + Right Click (Win) or Control + Option + Cmd + Click (Mac) to pull up an HUD color picker.
If you go to Preferences under the Edit Menu, you can choose what type of color picker that you want to display when you use this shortcut.
The other shortcut that I find useful is to quickly change the brush size and hardness on-the-fly. To do this, all you have to do is is Ctrl + Alt + Right-Click (Win) or Control + Option + Click (Mac). You can then drag your mouse up and down to change the hardness, and left and right to change the brush size.
Be sure to read the rest of the articles to learn more cool keyboard shortcuts on Adobe Photoshop.
(You can also check out this cool large wallpaper jpeg for more Photoshop keyboard shortcuts)
So which of these shortcuts do you find most useful? What other keyboard shortcuts do you like/recommend?
- One Light, One Photographer: Shooting Dramatic Portraits...
- Clever Short Film Digitally Removes All Signs of Life In...
- Using Flags To Control Light For Cinematic Style Images
- DIY Photography Galore! Three Projects to Save You Money
- Using Gels To Set The Mood Of Your Images | Joe McNally
- What Is The Fastest Lens Possible? How 'Fast' Should We G...