Have you ever wondered how 16×9 came to be the standard for Digital video? How about where 4×3, or the standard TV ratio, came from? We have got a treat for you history geeks out there today, check out this awesome video put out by FilmmakerIQ called The Changing Shape of Cinema: The History of Aspect Ratio.
In the video your Host John Hess takes us from the very first aspect ratio of 4×3, all the way up to what is now the standard 16×9. The video is really interesting if you even have a passing interest in the subject. The only thing is that it covers A LOT of ground, and thus runs about 18 minutes long. If you can handle the long (by internet standards) length, check it out.
- PhotoFlex Closing Their Doors After 30 Years
- 3 Reasons Why Photographers Should Use Cloud Spot
- Thor's Well: A Weekend Excursion Of Long Exposures With T...
- 5 Common Key Light Patterns | Lighting 101
- 13 Mind-Bending Thoughts About Photography | Food For Tho...
- Adding Depth, Dimension, and Drama Using Negative Fill